Choosing sustainable bed sheets will ensure you have a great night sleep free from chemicals which are used in the manufacturing of many bed sheets. A good starting place when researching you next set of bed sheets is to look for organic cotton, linen, hemp and bamboo sheets from companies that uphold standards such as the Global Organic Textile Standard (GOTS), OEKO-TEX and EO100.
Bedsheets made from synthetic materials:
- Often use chemicals in their production;
- Use large quantities of water;
- May use high impact dyes; and
- May use formaldehyde and resin.
Search for natural fibre bedsheets that:
- Contain certified organic materials;
- Are free from formaldehyde and resin;
- Use low water consumption in their manufacturing;
- Do not contain dyes or use low impact dyes; and
- Uphold standards or certifications such as GOTS, OEKO-TEX and EO100.
100% certified organic cotton percale quilt cover set by Sheets On The Line. Designed locally in Brisbane, this soft grey marle premium quality quilt cover set is inspired by the Australian coast and is vintage washed for ultimate comfort and luxury. 250 thread count.
Looking for other sustainable bed sheets? C
Why shop at Biome?
- 100% palm oil free and cruelty free;
- Have Australia’s strictest ingredient standards;
- Committed to honest, transparent product labelling (you won’t see any ‘sustainable palm oil’ greenwash!);
- Provide plastic free shipping;
- Offset the environmental impact of shipping your parcel;
- A Certified B Corporation;
- Offer free standard shipping on orders over $75;
- Dispatch orders within 1 working day; and
- Offer 30 day returns.