The Australian Society of Orthodontists’ says that both standard and electric toothbrushes can be used just as effectively to keep your mouth clean and healthy. With that out of the way…how can we brush our teeth and clean our mouths in a more sustainable way? The bamboo toothbrush!
Standard plastic and electric toothbrushes:
- Not bio-degradable;
- Use petroleum in their production;
- Cannot be recycled through house recycling systems; and
- May use electricity through the grid that may come from polluting fossil fuels.
In comparison, bamboo toothbrushes:
- Are made with bamboo which is a sustainable material that absorbs CO2 from the atmosphere as it grows;
- Is able to be buried or composted and will return to organic matter in the soil (excluding the bristles of a bamboo toothbrush);
- Can be BPA free; and
- Can be heat treated and pressed bamboo avoiding varnish and glue.
This soft bamboo toothbrush is a minimalist solution to plastic toothbrush waste, with long-lasting superior hygiene PBT polyester bristles that have tapered ends for better cleaning between teeth and gums. Bamboo handle can be buried or composted at the end of its life.
While the bristle head can not be composted, Biome’s aim is to offer a resource-efficient, high quality dental care toothbrush.
Why shop at Biome?
- 100% palm oil free and cruelty free;
- Have Australia’s strictest ingredient standards;
- Committed to honest, transparent product labelling (you won’t see any ‘sustainable palm oil’ greenwash!);
- Provide plastic free shipping;
- Offset the environmental impact of shipping your parcel;
- A Certified B Corporation;
- Offer free standard shipping on orders over $75;
- Dispatch orders within 1 working day; and
- Offer 30 day returns.