Because your fridge is running all day long working hard to keep its contents cold, the fridge is often the largest energy consumer in the house. Choosing an energy efficient fridge over a standard fridge could save you hundreds off dollars of your electricity bill and reduce your carbon footprint.
Tips to reduce the energy consumption of your fridge:
- Place fridges and freezers in a cool and well-ventilated space, following manufacturer instructions.
- Set the thermostat at 3ºC for the fresh food compartment and -18ºC for the freezer compartment.
- Don’t open doors too frequently or for too long.
- Keep door seals clean, replace damaged seals and keep any coils at the back of the fridge free of dust.
- If you have a second fridge, switch it off when it’s not needed.
If you’re looking to purchase an energy efficient fridge/freezer:
- Choose the right size for your needs.
- Consider choosing a model with the freezer on top, as they generally use less energy than those with the freezer at the bottom.
- Go to energyrating.gov.au/calculator to compare running costs of similar sized fridge/freezers.
460L natural stainless steel top mount refrigerator featuring a TasteLock Easy-glide crisper, 5 star energy efficiency and a mark resistant real stainless steel finish.
FRESH IS BEST
The innovative TasteLock crispers automatically control the humidity levels to keep your fruit and vegetables at their best for longer. While Easy-glide crisper drawers open effortlessly, even when they’re full.
Electrolux continues to lead the way with class leading energy efficiency, keeping your energy bills down, without compromising on performance.
Consumption statistics: ELECTROLUX – 460L TOP MOUNT
|Energy Rating||5 Stars|
|Energy Consumption||260 KWhr/yr|
Looking for other energy efficient appliances, check out our energy & appliances page.