Seagrass is recognised as a natural carbon sink absorbing CO2 from the atmosphere, and more than that, it makes great products! As we shift away from single use plastic bags to carry our shopping, seagrass is being used to make durable, environmentally friendly and 100% biodegradable tote bags.
- Produced for single use;
- Made from fossil fuels;
- Contributes to landfill waste and can end up in the oceans; and
- Remain toxic after they have been broken down.
In comparison, reusable bags made from seagrass:
- Made with sustainable material;
- Absorbs carbon during growth;
- Reusable; and
- 100% biodegradable.
This hand woven seagrass long handle tote bag is perfect for a trip to the shops or a day at the beach. Natural, biodegradable and fair-trade.
Each basket is unique and handcrafted at village level in Northern Vietnam.
Seagrass is 100% naturally biodegradable and is one of the most abundant natural fibres. It has remarkable strength and durability and can be woven into strong baskets and bags with little treatment.
Why shop at Biome?
- 100% palm oil free and cruelty free;
- Have Australia’s strictest ingredient standards;
- Committed to honest, transparent product labelling (you won’t see any ‘sustainable palm oil’ greenwash!);
- Provide plastic free shipping;
- Offset the environmental impact of shipping your parcel;
- A Certified B Corporation;
- Offer free standard shipping on orders over $75;
- Dispatch orders within 1 working day; and
- Offer 30 day returns.